Purpose and Vision Statements
To be a Christian community seeking to love God, grow in faith and serve the world.
- We believe that God is calling us to worship that is rooted in Scripture and the ancient teachings of the church, and creates opportunities to experience the Presence of God, so that worshippers are nourished, transformed, empowered and sent out into the world to love and serve.
- We believe that God is calling us to develop an intentional ministry that implements a sense of welcome and hospitality expressed throughout Scripture and promotes a culture of inclusion and belonging.
- We believe that God is calling St. Peter’s to develop disciples through Christian faith formation that is tailored to each age group and informs and transforms our lives.
- We believe that God is calling us to shift from a consumer-driven culture of paying dues/taking collection to embracing a faith-based culture of stewardship expressed through the generosity of time, talent and treasure that is shaped and rooted in our personal and corporate response to the abundant outpouring of God’s gifts and grace.
- We believe that God is calling us to further develop active relationships and engagement within St. Peter’s and beyond as we: (1) respond to human need by loving service, (2) seek to transform unjust structures, (3) challenge and resist violence, and (4) pursue peace and reconciliation.
- We believe that God is calling us to safeguard the integrity of creation and to sustain and renew the life of the earth.