Outreach Ministry Team
The work of the Outreach Ministry Team falls under parish Vision Statement #5
We believe that God is calling us to further develop active relationships and engagement within St. Peter’s and beyond as we: (1) respond to human need by loving service, (2) seek to transform unjust structures, (3) challenge and resist violence, and (4) pursue peace and reconciliation.
Outreach ministries continue to be active all through COVID times. The outreach team presents opportunities to the parish and members respond with enthusiasm and generosity.
St. Peter's actively supports a number of initiatives ranging from local to global. These include:
- 1Justcity West End Drop-In - St. Matthew's-Maryland Community Ministry
- PWRDF Emergency Relief and Development projects
- Baby Clothes Project
- Habitat for Humanity Providing lunch for builders
- Local Investment Toward Employment Support alternate Christmas hampers
- Grow Hope Project
Compassion for others and a passion for social justice undergird our choices of projects to support.
The Outreach Ministry Team exists to support the work of the congregation by:
- Continuing to learn ways to provide support through mutual and respectful relationships with both individuals and communities
- Keeping the lines of communication open and offering oversight regarding all outreach initiatives at St. Peter's
- Informing and engaging the congregation about outreach initiatives
- Discerning new initiatives
- Staying abreast of Diocesan and National Church initiatives
- Offering suggestions for financial donations
The committee meets monthly. Anyone interested in outreach ministries is encouraged to attend. For more information please contact the office at 204-488-9083.